LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×
  • [6.12.1] when replacing array disk for rebuild the emulated disk does not mount so i can't access the files on it

I Enjoy Creating Videos
    • Solved Minor

Hello,

the other day i decided to upgrade one of my disks in the array so i changed it out for the bigger one then i started the array and found out it does not mount the drive it shows the little orange triangle saying it is emulated but there is no squire box on the left to click to see the files also on the far right it also says that the drive is not able to be mounted or no file system and if i scroll down to where the "start" and "Stop" buttons are at the bottom of the page it will say i need to format the drive' how ever if i wait till the rebuild of the drive is done then i click to "stop the array" then i click again to "start the array" then the drive will mount and i can see the shares and all the files are there.

so it's only when it is in emulated mode that i am unable to see or access my files on that drive' this was tested on V6.12.0 and V6.12.1 with same results the file system on the array is zfs-encryption i also tried it on xfs-encryption and it does the same thing

so is this a bug? or is this a future they are removing i hope not i really like this future to be able to have access to my files when in a rebuilt

JP 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i also tested it on V6.12.0-rc5 and V6.12.0-rc3 as well as V6.12.0 And V6.12.1 still same problem 

i also discovered that even if you don't add a drive to the array where the missing drive is it will start but the drive will not emulate the content it wont even mount it says unsupported format so this is defiantly a bug.

Hopefully they will get it fixed soon

Thanks for the report, it worked with rc7, something broke it after, it should be fixed for next release.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Thanks for the report, it worked with rc7, something broke it after, it should be fixed for next release.

Ok Thank you for the update i appreciate it, i will keep a look out for V6.12.2

Have a wonderful day.  

i just wanted to give a update' I went ahead and installed V6.12.2 today and tested it again and everything is working normal Thank you to everyone that worked hard on fixing the bugs i really do appreciate it'

Have a wonderful week :)

Ah I came here to post about having this exact issue, glad to see it's already been identified and solved in the new release.

10 hours ago, augot said:

Ah I came here to post about having this exact issue, glad to see it's already been identified and solved in the new release.

I'm glad you found the post and that it was helpful to you :)