• [6.12.2] SMB Share size not including ZFS formatted drives

Thx And Bye
    • Solved Minor

I've formatted two drives of my array with ZFS by now.  

The web-ui is correctly showing the total size of the array. 

When mounting the share via SMB on Windows it doesn't include the zfs drives in the size.

The 2TB of a btrfs formatted cache is added correctly to the size of the share.

It's not a major issue but it could cause Windows to not accept a transfer due to insufficient space.

image.png.8e7fae4d4a683d896559666a8b16cb44.pngimage.png.e87b66991c87f3791a6d844bb299086c.png

image.png.60901db15ccf839da69e3022519d4ad1.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can confirm this issue, no problem if all drives are zfs formatted, see the same as you if there's one or more zfs drives in the first slots, and it gives a completely wrong value if they are used as the last drives.

I've completed the transfer to all zfs drives now and only have zfs drives in my array. 

Now the reported space in Windows makes absolutely no sense at all anymore. 

Installed capacity is 2x16TB and 2x4TB and Windows reports 104TB total space.

image.png.dd086fcc052a0309d8fdced280cab3a0.png
    image.thumb.png.e3f1ff8239edff8f1e93ed2319ff9389.png

(currently verifying parity after the removal of the two remaining xfs drives)

boxofcare-diagnostics-20230708-1743.zip

Edited by Thx And Bye
    16 hours ago, Thx And Bye said:

Now the reported space in Windows makes absolutely no sense at all anymore. 

Interesting, when I tested, with an all zfs array it showed the correct space, but I was using all same size devices, it's likely part of the same bug, so when one is fixed all should be.

Just tested, it will happen if the share also exisits in a non zfs pool, so I'm guessing that share also exists on your btrfs downloads pool, so it's still the same bug.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

that share also exists on your btrfs downloads pool, so it's still the same bug.

Yes that is correct. I'll keep that pool btrfs then and will report back when this is fixed in a stable release.

• Thanks 1

Retested with 6.12.3 with a full zfs share and btrfs cache pool.

Changed Status to Solved

Edited by Thx And Bye
    • Like 1