• [6.12.4] Unraid crashes ~monthly. WebUI and dockers inaccessible, manual reboot required.

profzelonka
    • Urgent

Randomly, about once a month average, unraid becomes unreachable as well as the dockers, everything. A reboot resolves the issue until it happens again.

Please see attached diagnostics.

Please help? Force restarting all the hdds monthly can't be good for the hdd longevity.. :(
    Add new diag zip with syslog.

spacelab-diagnostics-20231129-2318.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It didn't generate any files. I don't see any files in the folder at all. Should it be making a file even without a crash? I changed directories, new folder also empty. ?

Attached settings. After that I enabled the rotate feature, but again there's nothing in the folder.

Anything else I can do to definitely catch the crash? At this rate it should happen in a few days :\

Screenshot 2023-11-30 150255.jpg

The settings in your screenshot only set the server listening for messages.    To get it to log the server it is running on you need to set one of the last two fields as mentioned in the documentation for setting up the syslog server.

Oh.. I misunderstood, I thought "local server" meant it saves it to the local dataset that is set.. and those other 2 were optional in case you wanted it to write to remote or flash instead...  /facepalm

I don't have another remote server to write to, set it to write to flash.

Thanks!

As mentioned in the link you can put the Unraid servers IP address into the Remote Server field to get the server to send syslog entries to itself.

• Like 1

Hey guys, do you have same issue. Not Able to push any button via docker web interface, restart start ... Buttons are not working same for VMs. If I start a VM whole system isn't accessible anymore for minutes. Has someone Same issues or only for me ?

2 minutes ago, lex87 said:

Not Able to push any button via docker web interface, restart start ...

Try uninstalling the docker folders plugin.

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Try uninstalling the docker folders plugin.

This happens not only for docker even for VM menu. All button like start stop, restart are not working 

56 minutes ago, lex87 said:

This happens not only for docker even for VM menu.

Uninstall the plugin, it's a known issue, it's not compatible with v6.12

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Uninstall the plugin, it's a know issue, it's not compatible with v6.12

Sorry I don't have the docker folder plugin installed I rely on basic docker view

9 minutes ago, lex87 said:

Sorry I don't have the docker folder plugin installed I rely on basic docker view

Try booting in safe mode to rule out any other plugin issues, is the same try a different browser.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Try booting in safe mode to rule out any other plugin issues, is the same try a different browser.

Thanks I will do so, good idea

So it took 30 days to crash again. My logs show nothing for the crash time or after. 

Time stamp of crash was right after 9am, so in log probably: Dec 31 09:00:00

I rebooted it 30~ minutes after.

Log attached especially with items after reboot. :\

Anything I can do??

I'm just going thru removing plugins I don't absolutely need, would get rid of dockers I don't need except that all of the active ones I do use constantly. I'd hate to have to redo everything from scratch.. Is that really the only way? Ugh.

log.txt

6 hours ago, profzelonka said:

So it took 30 days to crash again. My logs show nothing for the crash time or after. 

The log does have a macvlan related call trace, and those will usually end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)), then reboot.

• Like 1