• [6.12.8] No WebGUI - /run full

Amane
    • Solved Urgent

I have just installed the latest update. Unfortunately, the WebGUI is no longer available after installation.

• After booting with GUI, Unraid starts, but still without WebGUI (only the browser starts).
    • Booting with savemode and GUI, doesn't want to complete (I don't get a GUI, when the GUI should start I just get a boot cursor..)
    • So it seems to me that the only sensible process is to start with GUI
    • but I would like to point out that starting in save mode doesn't work - I think it's pretty crappy..

Further action:

1. ip a - ok
    2. ping 8.8.8.8 - ok
    3. ping google.com - not ok, can't resolve ip
      • DHCP is on, and my router shold give unraid the right ip and dns..
    4. manual entry into /etc/resolv.conf was successful..
      • first, i delete the /boot/config/network* configs and reboot
      • after reboot i can't resolve ip's agin..
      • /etc/resolv.conf is empty
      • ok, i made static ip in the network.conf and reboot..
      • now, it works, but I still don't have a working webserver (WebGUI)..
    5. /mnt/user/.. - ok fine, my disks are mounted
    6. hmm now i try diagnostics..
    7. reinstalling Unraid didn't help either - same problem..
      • a complete reinstall of Unraid without any changes, give me the same problem..
    8. now i want downgrade unraid..

What can I do now? What should I pay attention to in the diagnostics?
    Why is the update breaking so many things for me?
    Just FYI, I was able to restart the system without any problems before the update..

Spoiler

IMG_20240217_160539_688.jpg

unraid-diagnostics-20240217-1946.zip

Workaround of this Problem:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/6128-no-webgui-run-full-r2854/?do=findComment&comment=27334

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

8 hours ago, Amane said:

Hi HTJP1984

I'm currently thinking about what is the easiest way to get the diagnostics.
    Basically they are on the USB (/boot/logs).

I think you should install FileZilla or WinSCP. Then connect to the server, go to the specified path and download the latest file.

You can also copy the diagnostics to your SMB share via SSH and then pull them down there:

cp /boot/logs/*diagnostics* /mnt/user/your_share/

I hope it works like that..

Hi Amane,

I will try that later today, when I’m back behind my laptop and will post the results. 

regards,

Amane

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, HTJP1984 said:

Hi Amane,

I will try that later today, when I’m back behind my laptop and will post the results. 

regards,

Ok, If you have Network and you want to copy diagnostics to one of your shares, you can use this command:

(The script lists all dignostics and your shares and lets you choose how you want to move them) 😄

cd /tmp/ && curl -o moveDiagnostics.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AmaneSwiss/moveDiagnostics/main/moveDiagnostics.sh && bash ./moveDiagnostics.sh

Edited by Amane

Issue is resolved for me with the fix in 6.12.9:
    image.png.0efbe68ee14e125f20b168a047937a9f.png

root@Tower:~# grep -c ^processor /proc/cpuinfo

Thanks everyone :)

• Like 2
    On 3/17/2024 at 8:51 AM, HTJP1984 said:

Hi Amane,

regards,

Hi Amane, 

Apologies for the late response, but I was not able to get the diagnostics, that is until today. With the help of Spaceinvader, I also rebooted the GUI through SSH and that didn't seem to help either.

However, today I was somehow able to access the GUI through Tailscale on my phone. On my other devices I was still unable to gain access. 

I have upgraded the server to 6.12.9, but even with updated version the issue still persists. On my other devices I am unable to access the GUI through the local IP address route. Other applications & dockers are still accessible, including my network drives. 

Before I upgraded, I managed to turn on remote management, and that seems to work. So, for now I have a workaround, however, I am still looking to get an proper solution to access the server through the normal local IP address. 

I have added a diagnostics file in the attachments. 

sapanca-diagnostics-20240329-2121.zip

2 minutes ago, HTJP1984 said:

I have upgraded the server to 6.12.9, but even with updated version the issue still persists.

That means it's not this issue, also can see in the diags /run is not full, try booting in safe mode to rule out a plugin issue, if the same suggest starting a new thread in the general support forum, and post the diags again.

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That means it's not this issue, also can see in the diags /run is not full, try booting in safe mode to rule out a plugin issue, if the same suggest starting a new thread in the general support forum, and post the diags again.

Hi JorgeB, 

Thanks for your quick response. Before I will boot in safemode, am I able to access the server remotely in case I boot in SafeMode? I am not able to gain local access as it is a remote server. I use Tailscale to access my server and now I also use the remote management option. 

Edited by HTJP1984
    1 minute ago, HTJP1984 said:

am I able to access the server remotely in case I boot in SafeMode?

Depends on what you are using, Wireguard will still work, plugins won't.

3 minutes ago, HTJP1984 said:

Hi JorgeB, 

Thanks for your quick response. Before I will boot in safemode, am I able to access the server remotely in case I boot in SafeMode? I am not able to gain local access as it is a remote server. I use Tailscale to access my server and now I also use the remote management option. 

Okay, thanks. Will try to set up WireGuard in Unraid first, before I boot in Safemode. 

Remote management will also not work? 

8 minutes ago, HTJP1984 said:

Remote management will also not work?

If you mean the Connect plugin remote management, no, it won't work in safe mode, since the plugin won't install.