• [6.5.3] global disk utilization notifications not working

JorgeB
    • Minor

I'm not getting a system notification when the warning disk utilization threshold is reached, though the disk changes color on main page.

If I set a specific warning  for that disk it changes color and it generates the system notification.

Example how to reproduce:

disk1 is @ 80% usage and it's using the global utilization thresholds.

set global warning threshold to 75% - disk will change color to orange (if using a color theme) but there won't be a notification

set global warning threshold to 90% - disk will change back to green, again no notification

set disk1 warning threshold to 75% - disk will change color to orange (if using a color theme) and generate a system notification

set disk1 warning threshold to 90% - disk will change color to green (if using a color theme) and generate a system notification

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Make sure system notiifications are enabled.

It can take up to one minute before a notification is sent, after changing the threshold.

Edited by bonienl

They are, I get them if I use individual disk settings, and I don't think the problem is in my end as I tested on 2 different servers and they behave the same.

Strange, although you're using a different release I assume nothing was changed for notifications, I'll try to investigate this further on a clean install to try and confirm the problem.

It works correctly on a new installation, so something else is causing the issue, strange that it happens on 2 different servers, I'll try to find out the cause but it might not be easy so ignore this report for now.

Turns out it was easy to find the problem.

If custom disk utilization settings are used unRAID creates the file config/smart-one.cfg, e.g.:

[disk1]
    hotTemp=""
    maxTemp=""
    warning="70"
    critical="90"

If you then delete those values on that disk settings page, so it should start using the global settings smart-one.cfg is changed like so:

[disk1]
    hotTemp=""
    maxTemp=""
    warning=""
    critical=""

And this is when the global settings for that disk stop working, I'm guessing because the blank values are overriding them.

This issue also affects the disk temps in the same way, after smart-one.cfg  is created with blank temp settings they override the general temp warning, i.e., user stops getting warnings about disk temps which is more serious than the space warnings.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

And this is when the global settings for that disk stop working, I'm guessing because the blank values are overriding them.

Thanks for testing.

In the newer version any blank values will be surpressed in the file (it requires a re-apply of at least one individual setting).