• [6.8.0] Dashboard UI Scaling At ~1700px Browser Width

C4RBON
    • Solved Annoyance

I am using a 3440x1440 monitor.  When I use the Windows Aero Snap feature (where you drag a window to the edge of the screen to "half maximize" it), my total browser window is approximately 1720 pixels wide (Firefox reports a width of 1701 pixels).  At this width, the Dashboard UI does not scale well.  See attached screenshot.

1255078356_FullscreenSnapshot.thumb.png.e7142628af7440e5765ecbaee8e643c8.png

This happens in both Firefox and Edge.

Disabling plugins had no effect.

All other Unraid UI pages (Main, Shares, Users, Settings, Plugins, Docker, VMs, Apps, Tools) look good at this browser width.

If I make the window narrower (less than 1664 px, as reported by Firefox), the Dashboard switches to a 2-column layout that looks much nicer.  If I make the browser wider (greater than 1769 px), the Dashboard switches to a properly spaced 3-column layout.  It is only around the 1701 px width that there is a layout problem.

Of course this is a minor issue.  However, I think the ultra-widescreen monitors are becoming more popular, so more users will likely see this in the future.

Thanks,

Jason

Annotation 2020-01-03 192651.png

devilscanyon-diagnostics-20200103-1946.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not a solution to that, but IMO since you're running a high res monitor, you might want to look at installing the CA Dynamix Unlimited Width plugin.  I personally don't like how unRaid limits the resolution arbitrarily to 1920px

That's been on my list of plugins to try.  I rarely use Unraid fullscreen, since the whole point of the ultrawide monitor was to improve multitasking!  Now if the CA Dynamix Unlimited Width plugin could set a width limit (seems like that should be possible), then I could limit my width to ~1600 pixels and that would solve my issue!

Jason

Not going to happen, and understand about the multi-tasking.  I just don't like it if I make a browser full screen that the UI winds up being centered within it.  

And now back to hopefully someone actually fixing that display aberration for you

I made an update which should address this issue, will be available in the next release.

(doesn't require the "unlimited width plugin", which I personally don't like 😉)

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

doesn't require the "unlimited width plugin", which I personally don't like 😉)

Yeah well, you're entitled to be wrong.  😁