• [6.9.2] Cache pool shows half of the drive

Ameldr
    • Closed

I just installed new m2 ssd drive for cache which is 1 TB but when i turn on Unraid its shows 632 GB as size, and free 237 GB with 3.35mb used which is so weird , can someone explain what's going on?

chrome_lH7KiWKJNR.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'd guess that's because you are using different size of SSDs on BTRFS RAID and the default is RAID1.

Your diagnostics would provide more information about the pool configuration.

26 minutes ago, Ameldr said:

Hm what adjustments you suggest, and if i take out 240ssd would be 1tb usable fully? 

I think that balancing to single mode would allow you to use the full capacity of both drives.

Never tried it, so I suggest that you wait for confirmation by a user with more experience on the matter.

• Like 1

Default for pools is RAID1, available space is correct, if you want to use the full capacity convert to single, of course there won't be any redundancy.

20 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Default for pools is RAID1, available space is correct, if you want to use the full capacity convert to single, of course there won't be any redundancy.

If you mean by convert to single to leave only 1 cache drive thats what i just did, but if there is a way to use both drives side by side please tell me how.

2 hours ago, Ameldr said:

If you mean by convert to single to leave only 1 cache drive thats what i just did, but if there is a way to use both drives side by side please tell me how.

'Single mode' is one of the BTRFS RAID options available. You simply have to balance the pool in that configuration.

With both drives in the Pool, open the Pool config page (click on the name of the first device).

Scroll down to the 'Balance Status' section. Select 'convert to single mode' and hit the Balance button.

Then wait for the operation to complete.

• Thanks 1
    On 2/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, ChatNoir said:

'Single mode' is one of the BTRFS RAID options available. You simply have to balance the pool in that configuration.

With both drives in the Pool, open the Pool config page (click on the name of the first device).

Scroll down to the 'Balance Status' section. Select 'convert to single mode' and hit the Balance button.

Then wait for the operation to complete.

Thanks that solved issue for me

• Like 1