• Nav menu with "azure" color theme and Firefox 100

forty2
    • Annoyance

Apologies if this is a duplicate; I did some searching but didn't turn up anything. However, a lot of these terms are hard to search for 🙂

My Firefox browser updated to version 100 this morning, and now the left-side nav menu using the "azure" setting for "Dynamix color theme" is shifted too far to the left. It doesn't break any functionality, but it does look bad.  I tried downgrading to Firefox 98 (couldn't find an installer for 99) and everything goes back to looking correct.

It's happening because the "#nav-block" div has a "mozilla" class applied that sets a left margin of -17px.  According to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php, this is a "Firefox specific workaround" but it appears to be no longer necessary as of Firefox 100.  I don't know what the issue was that it was fixing, so I'm not sure why version 100 fixes it.

I'm on unRAID 6.9.2; I haven't tried any of the prereleases (I generally prefer to wait for the actual release).  I've marked this as an Annoyance because it doesn't actually break any functionality, but it really looks terrible so I'm hoping it gets fixed 🙂

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for adding the screenshot! I should have done it myself but for whatever reason it didn't occur to me 😄

Themes Azure and Gray have a workaround to deal with the different behavior of Firefox, but version 100 of Firefox introduces the same behavior as other browsers, hence the workaround is not needed anymore.

Made a fix.