• Unraid 6.10.0 - 6.10.3 fails to boot - bzroot or bzimage checksum error

mastaburna
    • Minor

Update from 6.9.2 fails permanently.

- intel_iommu=on iommu=pt did not work for me, but changed the error massage from bzimage checksum error to bzroot checksum error

- intel_iommu=off did not work, too 

What we tried until now:

- Updated all plugins, OS Update Check from Fix common problems was OK

- Updated within GUI 

- Restart: --> bzimages checksum error

- copied bz* files inlcuding crc files from the 6.10.1 zip to the USB -> bzimages checksum error

- Tried the add the command intel_iommu=on iommu=pt to start cfg but that changed the error message from bzimage checksum error to -> bzroot checksum error

- We rolled back to 6.9.2 everything is working fine

- tried to update again as we thought it was an error in the update process --> Same error as before.

- We rolled back to 6.9.2 everything is working fine

- Update to 6.10.0 failed with bzimage-error

- Update to 6.10.1 failed with bzimage-error

- Update to 6.10.2 failed with bzroot-error

- Update to 6.10.3 failed with bzimage-error

- Rollback to 6.9.2 works fine every time

My Hardware:

MB:  Intel DG45ID 
    CPU: Intel Core2Due E8400

RAM: 8`GB DDR2 

GPU: Intel 82G45 onboard Grafik

SATA Controller: Onboard

NIC: Onboard

Diagnostics diagnostics-20220622-1918.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Since there was a bigger change in the virtualization in 6.10 I'd bet on an issues with that. 
    The changes to the cfg " intel_iommu=on iommu=pt" which resulted in a change of the error massage from bzimage checksum error to bzroot checksum error would lead me to the same point.

On 6/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, JorgeB said:

If you didn't yet and you're booting CSM it might be worth trying UEFI boot, or vice-versa.

We (H-Harry and me) tried everything:

-ACPI on/off
    -Virtualization on/off
    -UEFI on/off

Result: Update still fails

Looks more like a hardware specific issue, probably the board, we'd need another user with the same one to confirm or not.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:42 AM, JorgeB said:

Looks more like a hardware specific issue, probably the board, we'd need another user with the same one to confirm or not.

We also disconnected the HDD/SDD installed on different USB Sticks (including one where 6.9.2 works flawless). Newest BIOS installed, BIOS Reset via battery and reset to BIOS standards as well as fails safe settings, and so on.
    Definitely the Board....unfortunately for the BIOS there are no other relevant Options to change as it is very limited. 

On 6/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, HardwareHarry said:

Since there was a bigger change in the virtualization in 6.10 I'd bet on an issues with that. 
    The changes to the cfg " intel_iommu=on iommu=pt" which resulted in a change of the error massage from bzimage checksum error to bzroot checksum error would lead me to the same point.

I still stick with that guess. Again: 6.9.2 works flawless on the same system.

P.s.: For my personal system 6.10 was a great improvement as all VM problems I had with the Intel Plugin were gone immediately after deinstallation of the Plugin and update to 6.10.

I have the same issue unfortunately. 6.9.2 works just fine. I'm on a Mac Pro 5,1 though.

EDIT: Managed to get it updated. Not really sure what was wrong, but after formating the disk, running the USB creator several times and changing usb ports, it finally worked..

Edited by Source011