• Update to 6.11.1 from 6.10.3 failed

NIronwolf
    • Urgent

I held off a bit on updating in hopes that it would go more smoothly, but unfortunately that hasn't happened.

After rebooting I could no longer access the WebGUI.  At first I reconnected a monitor and saw that it wasn't even finishing booting.  From where it stuck in the log it seemed that the disklocation plugin wasn't finishing.  I was able to access through SSH and I moved the disklocation.plg and directory out of the the boot folders.  Now the system will complete and get to the login prompt but the WebGUI is still not running.

I attempted to run the diagnostics command but it doesn't complete either.  I'm not sure what all it gathers up and I'm happy to manually pull more files.  To get started I have the syslog.

How can I either revert or manually retry the upgrade?

Thank you for your help!

syslog

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Recopied out the bz* files from the 6.11.1 down load.  It's not making a web server.

root@REALITY:~# netstat -plnt
    Active Internet connections (only servers)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5355            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1419/wsdd2
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3702            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1419/wsdd2
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1404/smbd
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1404/smbd
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      7820/sshd: /usr/sbi
    tcp6       0      0 :::445                  :::*                    LISTEN      1404/smbd
    tcp6       0      0 :::139                  :::*                    LISTEN      1404/smbd
    tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      7820/sshd: /usr/sbi

Edited by NIronwolf

I tried running the update from the WebGUI again and the web server doesn't start.  If I SSH in it logs in and I look around a bit.  But when I run "diagnostics" to make a package I get this error.

Warning: parse_ini_file(/var/local/emhttp/var.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/diagnostics on line 313

That var.ini file doesn't exist.  So I can't even get a diagnostic on the updated version.

Is there a key set of files I can manually try to copy out?

It's my email server so I'll be downgrading again, but can go through an upgrade again later.