ohj

Members
  • Content Count

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About ohj

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. No, I haven't. The sticks have been plugged in the entire time. The ZigBee interface is connected to the server through a USB extension cable though. A fairly low quality one, which wouldn't surprise me if causes voltage drop over the thin cable. I've already ordered a better USB3 extension cable, so I'll see if this improves the behavior. The error code you found, is that a Linux specific error code? The 71 code should be EPROTO (Protocol Error) then, I guess.
  2. I'm having some issues with my unRAID server, and it seems to be related to USB devices. Other than the flash drive containing unRAID, I've got a ConBee II ZigBee interface, an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 Z-Wave interface and an RFXCOM RFXtrx433XL 433MHz interface connected to USB ports. I've had some issues with both unRAID freezes (lose all communication with both unRAID web GUI and containers), and with the home automation interfaces falling out. Last in line was the ZigBee interface. I see in my unRAID system log that there are some error messages related to the ZigBee interface. C
  3. Well, it's been a couple of weeks since the last crash/hang. I've restarted unRAID for other reasons a couple of times, but as of now my uptime is a little more than 8 days - more than double of the longest uptime period I had before disabling the C states. So I think it's safe to say that disabling the C states was the solution in my case. Thanks for all input.
  4. I have a homeassistant container that I'm backing up. And in the image configuration I've added an RFXtrx433XL as a device, and I'm using the RFXCOM integration to read various 433MHz devices. But when CA Appdata Backup/Restore starts the containers again after backing them up, the RFXtrx433XL device is not passed correctly to the container. All the 433MHz entities are "Unavailable". But after restarting the docker container manually in the web GUI, the entities are back again without a problem. Any idea why this is happening? I thought it could have something to do with how t
  5. Does it rely on another Docker container, so that the order that the containers are started can be a problem? Also, what's happening when you're stopping and starting the container from GUI or command line ("docker container stop/start containername")?
  6. Thank you for the input. Yes, I will do that if it still crashes with C states disabled.
  7. I've just disabled C states in BIOS, after reviewing this thread and seeing that I have the same crash symptoms: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/61774-unraid-crashesfreezes-daily/ So I'll see over the next few days if it had any impact..
  8. Since I activate logging the server has hung twice. Unfortunately I don't see anything happening at the point when the server is hanging. The server is sending me status emails every once in a while, and in the log I'm only seeing an entry of sending a status email a few hours before the server hangs, and then new log entries once the server reboots. So I'm uncertain how I ought to handle this... Hang #1: Jan 27 12:20:01 unraid sSMTP[23451]: Creating SSL connection to host Jan 27 12:20:02 unraid sSMTP[23451]: SSL connection using TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 Jan 27 12:20:03 unraid
  9. Thanks, I've activated logging on my server. I've also removed a VM I was only using to run Home Assistant, and am running Home Assistant Core as a Docker container instead. So I'll see if the problem crops up again over the next days...
  10. I've god unRAID installed on an old stationary computer, with 2x4TB data storage, 4TB parity and 256GB SSD cache. On it I have one Debian VM running Home Assistant, and a number of docker containers. My problem is that my computer just freezes at some point, and I get no contact with any running services or the unRAID GUI. When starting the computer, it boots just fine into unRAID, with the typical white on black text screen. When the computer freezes, however, the text is gone and the screen is completely blank (black). How can I troubleshoot this? The only way
  11. I've installed the CA Fix Common Problems tool, and I'm currently running the Docker Safe New Permissions process. So time will tell... EDIT: Running Docker Safe New Permissions solved my permissions problem. I now have read/write access in all share directories from Windows.
  12. Thank you so much for this! I actually ended up with canning the whole set of drives. They were almost 10 years old, so it was time to retire them anyway, I think. Ended up with buying three new 4TB drives, having one of them as parity. I notice you have two unRAID servers, one for ordinary use and one for backup. Is the backup server an offsite server that you're performing backup to of the main server on a set schedule? Would you recommend that rather than performing backup to a cloud service?
  13. I read up a little on the SMART tests, and ran SMART short tests on all the drives. Two of them came up with errors during the tests, so I excluded them from the drive array, and restarted the parity build. Now it's steady on ~150 MB/sec and should be finished in about three hours. In regards to the drives, they are all fairly old drives that I bought for a Synology NAS perhaps 8 or 10 years ago. So time to buy new drives, I'd say...
  14. Yes, I noticed that. I split up the RAID, and the separate drives were detected in Disk Management in Windows. But I still weren't able to do anything with them. But I had enough available SATA connectors on the mainboard, so it was fine. I very much like what I see with unRAID so far. I'm setting the drive array up with 5 x 2TB drives (not 1.5TB as I stated earlier) - 4 data drives and 1 parity drive. But now when unRAID is preparing the drive array, I see one of the drives is showing some signs of having problems. The error count currently shows around 24,000. What would b