NextCloud in unRAID vs unRAID file system

ohj

I've been using the unRAID file system and Windows shares for accessing files.  But currently I only have access to my files when I'm connected to my home network.  And files sharing is also a pain.

I'm considering installing NextCloud, as I have the feeling that NextCloud's more angled towards file sharing.  My wife has her own laptop and mobile phone, and my son's getting to the age now that he eventually will get a phone.  I was therefore wondering if anybody had any experience in using either unRAID or NextCloud (in unRAID) in such an environment and could share some thoughts?

Also, I've recently started using Wiki.js for documenting stuff at home.  Are files in NextCloud available for linking in Wiki.js?  Hopefully using a local file path, rather than going through external access (e.g. https://nextcloud.domain.com/file.zip).

Thank you for any and all input on this!

Installing Nexcloud isn't enough. You need a reverse proxy or open router ports (not recommended) to access it outside your local network. e.g. auto upload images from android/ios or accessing files from wan.

We use nextcloud at home to sync all our devices. A laptop, two mobiles and a windows pc. Works very well. Android client is rock stable in my case.

I never used wiki.js and don't know what it is so i can't help with that.