LordRaven

Members
  • Content Count

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About LordRaven

  • Rank
    Newbie

Converted

  • Gender
    Undisclosed
  1. So I've switched the CPU and will report back on what happens. Just need to get a new licence key. I'll give this a month and assuming it works, will report the success and close this topic.
  2. Thanks Trurl. It is a Ryzen, so I'll see if this helps.
  3. Okay, fair enough. Is there a way to figure out what caused it to switch? Its a brand new USB only a few weeks out of the wrapper, and given I've had 3 go in the last month, I'm guessing its a config or some corruption in my setup. I'm hoping to figure out what's causing it so I don't have to rebuild my entire system from scratch as if I was setting up a brand new machine.
  4. Does anyone know if there's a way to switch a USB back to read/write in Unraid? I'm assuming I could try the other method via a Windows that I've seen online, however I know with my previous attempts it didn't work and I'm kind of not wanting to risk shutting down my server if it means it won't atleast limp by like its doing now.
  5. Yup, its definitely a USB2 flash drive in a USB2 port.
  6. Hi guys, I'm been having an issue with my Unraid for about a month, and not sure what could be causing it. I'll apologize now if this is a bit long winded or rambles a bit, but I thought I'd document everything since this is driving me nuts. The situation is that I keep having USBs go to read-only. The first one was the original USB and after 6 years, I figure had done its time. The next was probably my fault for using a USB3 rather than 2, and fair enough. This one however, is definitely a USB2 and nothing was going on out of the ordinary. I'm attaching a copy of the diagnosti
  7. Hi, Just for anyone who has a similar issue to what I had. I had a disk being unmountable. Disk is a default format of xfs. After checking the disk, I found that it had a metadata corruption. The fix was in maintenance mode to run the xfs_repair with the -Lv option. The L is for force the zeroing of the log file on the disk. I know that the in the xfs_repair screen (https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Check_Disk_Filesystems#xfs_repairmention that it isn't one of the options we probably need, however this was the only way to fix my disk and allow it to be mountable again.
  8. Just wanted to throw this out as a solution if anyone has the same issue I had. I'd put in the Syncthing docker on my machine and using the bridge connection mapped 8080 in the docker to my towers 8082. Unfortunately, what happened was that the system was not able to connect to any of my other Syncthing instances on other devices no matter how much I put the ID's on the tower instance or on the remote instances. The issue turned out to be needing to have 8080 mapped from the docker to the tower instance. Once I did this, the mappings started coming through. I had not origi
  9. Checking on it later, it seems that when the system did an update with the latest pull from git hub, it changed the permissions on my directories back to read/execute rather than read/write/execute. This could be part of the reasons why I was having issues earlier.
  10. Regarding that, I think the screen you're talking about is the plex sign in screen. I'd guess that they'd be able to theoretically access your data if they signed in with an account. Probably the better option is to setup a VPN to your home network and access your data via that. I've done similar things in the past.
  11. Solved But a slightly different solution. It seems that the system was downloading okay which I had waited before, but the default directories were unwriteable. Changing them seems to have solved my issues.
  12. I've been trying to go via the WebUI. http://10.42.1.115:32400/web/index.html http://[[server Name]]:32400/web/index.html
  13. I have been trying to access via the local name and the ip address. I have tried launching from the docker as well, but no real luck.
  14. Okay, I thought that had to be done within the app similar to the plugin. I made the change and no real difference in terms of the UI.
  15. So far its a pretty vanilla setup, but here are the screenshots