Jump to content

Brassleaves

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Brassleaves

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This would explain a lot, including why it it worked briefly and then didn't the next morning. When I got the system working I had tried to boot it with 6.7.2 and then updated it to 6.8 before shutting it down for the night. Is it a problem that is on the fit it list?
  2. I get that unRAID is not seeing the ethernet ports. Just reset the BIOS to default settings with no changes. The jumpers are in the correct positions, and so far I haven't been able to find any network settings in the BIOS.
  3. Ah okay, I figured it was a bit odd to disable them. Tried it anyway to see if that might reset them or clear a setting. Thanks for calling in some additional help. Still no luck trying a few other things (switching ports, switching network switches, plugging into one of the Deco M5s).
  4. So I tried disabling the LAN1/LAN2 ports by using the jumper and it did nothing other than kill the ports. I still don't understand the point of doing that. They were enabled before and the problem persisted even when switching DCHP, Bonding, and Bridging on and off in different orders. As mentioned, the system was working for a bit last night, with no clear indication as to why there had been a change.
  5. Combed over the BIOS again and I have no settings from what I can tell that allow me to change anything with the LAN ports. The manual does say I can change a physical jumper around and disable LAN1/LAN2...but wouldn't that mean they are totally disabled to the point where unRAID will still not be able to access them? The manual does not say anything as to why disabling them would be needed. Thank you for the help by the way, it is giving me some options to check out versus being completely lost.
  6. What do you mean by disabling the onboard controllers? Does that mean the MBs operating system will no longer be in control so that the unRAID OS can do what it needs to? I have access to the motherboard through a web GUI using the motherboards IPv4 as it shows on my network. Is it possibly interfering by "using up" the ability to connect to the network so unRAID is unable to?
  7. Checked in the BIOS and I don't even know that I have the option of disabling them. Going to switch bonding back on and see what I can get to happen. I bought the board from a reliable YouTuber and eBay seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-X9DRH-7F-Rev-1-02-v2-CPU-TESTED-IT-mode-LSI-SAS2308-firmware-for-ZFS/163909938664?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 This is the only setup I have tried using it on, mostly because the only other build I have cannot fit the board. Sorry for the newb question: what is the file directory to see the results of any network activity? I rummaged around the report and couldn't seem to find the right file.
  8. Left DHCP and Bridging on, turned off bonding. Gave me an IPv4 to use, but it times out. The odd part is, I had it working last night, and now I have no idea why it is not working. Also, the IPv4 from the server is 169.xxx.xx.xxx while my other working server is 192.xxx.xx.xxx Edit: I'm running a Deco M5 system throughout my house as I've got a lot of space to cover. Point is, within the TP-Link app it shows the Super Micro Computer (the system motherboard I am having issues with) as having a 192.xxx.xx.xxx IPv4 address. tower2-diagnostics-20191215-1439.zip
  9. This is what I got on a unRAID 6.8 drive with UEFI enabled. No IPv4 address showed on this drive build. tower-diagnostics-20191213-2355.zip
  10. Running a Supermicro X9DRH-7F Rev 1.02 and have tried unRAID 6.7.2 and 6.8 with UEFI boot enabled. Previously I was getting no boot. Now that I have switched to UEFI boot enable I get the initial unRAID boot screen, but no IPv4. Switched the config file from Bonding "yes" to Bonding "no" and got a IPv4 address, but it takes too long when connecting and times out. Tried to follow some other threads I found, but no luck.