Disk swap advice

Paul_dH

Hi all,

After using Unraid in a test setup for a while I migrated it to my server. I plugged in the USB stick and the single 1TB disk containing all data. This was easy-peasy and worked like a charm.

The new server contained two 3TB disks and one PCI SSD. For now I've configured the 2nd 3TB disk as paritiy disk for the 1TB disk. So that my array is protected. The SSD is configured as a cache disk. In the end I'd like to have my array configured with the two 3TB disks and the SSD as cache.

My question here is, can I get a confirmation of the following procedure?

Can I change disk 1 in the array (old 1TB disk) to the first 3TB disk? My guess is that this should kick-off a rebuild of the array. So the new 3TB disk should be rebuild from the 3TB parity disk. After this rebuild process is done, I suspect that I should extend the array from 1TB to 3TB.

Thanks in advance!

Below image is a screenshot of my Main screen in Unraid:

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 10.03.07.png

3 hours ago, Paul_dH said:

Can I change disk 1 in the array (old 1TB disk) to the first 3TB disk? My guess is that this should kick-off a rebuild of the array. So the new 3TB disk should be rebuild from the 3TB parity disk. After this rebuild process is done, I suspect that I should extend the array from 1TB to 3TB.

Yes.