Web interface not working

derWinky

Hello,

my Homeserver was running fine till today.

Its a X99 MSI gaming pro carbon, 6900k 4x8GB RAM, 750 Watt Corsair RMi, GTX 960, Dell Raid Kart in IT mode for more Hard drives.

Today morning i started my Server PC and it was running fine. I turned it off and unscrewed the motherboard to install the IO shield that arrived later than the other parts.

When I turned the PC back on and tried to boot into unraid I couldnt connect to my homenetwork anymore.

Cant access it with remote and when I boot with gui the browser tries to open localhost but it says "unable to connect" and when I open the terminal the PC name is wrong.

When set it up I named it "Lootbox" but now it says root@tower, which was the default at the begining.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

IMG_20201221_161524.jpg

IMG_20201221_161457.jpg

IMG_20201221_161148.jpg

IMG_20201221_161122__01.jpg

IMG_20201221_161122.jpg

Edited by derWinky

Looks as if Unraid is failing to find the USB stick for the later stages of the boot process.   It might be worth plugging it into a Windows/Mac system and running a check on it, and also make sure you have not disturbed it’s connection into the server.    Also if possible use a USB2 port (they tend to be more reliable than USB3 ones) and Unraid does not need the performance of USB3 after initial load into RAM.

OK i just tried it and booted into non safe gui mode and it worked, thanks a lot!!! 

Just for your information, in case someone else experiences similar issues.

Till 3 days ago I used a z97 Board with a i7 4790 non k for my unraid homeserver. I´ve had the USB stick in a 3.0 port all the time without any issues.

But on my new X99 6900k platform it seems to be far more reliable on USB 2.

I got into my interface like 2 out of approximatly 50 trys on USB3, USB2 worked first try.

I´m not gonna digg further into it for today, I´ll just put my PC into a corner and wont turn it off for a view days.

I´ll set it back to its regular place in a few days, which will require to turn it off; So we´ll see if this is a permanent solution to my problem a bit later.

Thanks again for your help.

Please don´t close/lock this thread so I can post here again in a few days.