Upgrade costs more than the actual difference?

00b5

I have two Plus Keys. I'd like to finally make one of them a Pro Key, but its $50 to upgrade, when the difference between the two tiers is only $40?

I guess this is intentional, but really? I've had my two keys for YEARS now, and when I want to upgrade I need to be squeezed for $10 more?

I have two Plus Keys. I'd like to finally make one of them a Pro Key, but its $50 to upgrade, when the difference between the two tiers is only $40?

I guess this is intentional, but really? I've had my two keys for YEARS now, and when I want to upgrade I need to be squeezed for $10 more?

It’s been this way for a very long time. There is a $10 premium on upgrades which encourages some to buy a higher tier license from the beginning if they think they will be upgrading in the future.

Some large software companies with tiered licensing don’t even have an upgrade price between tiers. You can upgrade your current product for a price if there is an update, but you cannot move up a tier without a “full price” purchase of the higher priced product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I know this might be a it of a older post but it somewhat applies to my current situation. I just ended my 30 trial and was planning on buying the pro but saw a post on reddit that they are doing a 30% off upgrades. So I did some quick math and found that I can buy the basic and upgrade to pro for about $10 less than just buying pro outright. The only issue is that after buying the basic I can't use the key to upgrade because I have 11 attached devices. 

Main question I can't seem to find a answer to is. Can you upgrade your key without ever activating it?

3 minutes ago, housewright30 said:

Main question I can't seem to find a answer to is. Can you upgrade your key without ever activating it?

No

3 minutes ago, housewright30 said:

So I did some quick math and found that I can buy the basic and upgrade to pro for about $10 less than just buying pro outright.

Which is why you have to activate the purchased key first.  Buy Pro.