Failed drive and slow Parity-Sync

My drive1 failed in same day when i put parity drive in and was hoping to get parity done then swap drive1 but parity-sync gone extremely slow like 300-600kb/s write speed. I did preclear parity drive before inserting it so all is fine, i stop running docker which had only jellyfin. Drive1 was throwing warnings about moved and corrected sectors then after while on parity-sync start getting bad sector errors... I was hoping to get parity done so when i switch drive2 to drive1 will get rebuild as drive2 is unused until now. Is there any other way atleast to backup jellyfin settings so i can takeout drive1 without parity done, maybe sync speed will be better if  i take out faulty drive from array? BTW Faulty drive is brand new Seagate Ironwolf worked fine like a week...

oQZK7R.png

mthtower-diagnostics-20210106-0029.zip

12 minutes ago, Ameldr said:

backup jellyfin settings

The templates which contain the settings (mappings and so on) that you fill in when you create or edit a container are all on flash, so you could reinstall jellyfin using those same settings from Previous Apps on the Apps page. Unfortunately your appdata is on disk1 so it would be a new install without the appdata.

Your screenshot and diagnostics show disk1 is mounted though, so if you stop the parity build you should be able to try and copy its data somewhere and maybe even save your appdata.

You can make a new array without that disk by going to Tools - New Config and it will let you assign any disk however you want and then build parity.

After you save what you can from disk1 you might check connections and post new diagnostics to see if we can get a SMART report from it.

Even after you get parity going you need a backup plan. Parity is not a substitute.

disk1 shows is mounted but actually is not, can't find disk1 in CA appdata backup plugin or in FTP

lqpgr5.png

VQpRp6.png

After you save what you can from disk1 you might check connections and post new diagnostics to see if we can get a SMART report from it.

I change SATA cable and SATA power module from PSU to disk1 won't change anything on status.

If i manage to get appdata would allow me to replace files later, wouldn't be they are in use?

Did you check the connections?

If you can't get the disk to respond you lose everything on it. Looks like not much was on any disk except disk3, but appdata, domains, system shares were all on disk1.

Open your diagnostics and look in the shares folder. It contains .cfg files (some anonymized) which are the configuration for each of your shares, and also tells which disks each share was using.

I did take out disk1 and did New Config as you mention in first reply, shares didn't change all on place, what did change is Jellyfin won't remember container settings as you mention  

The templates which contain the settings (mappings and so on) that you fill in when you create or edit a container are all on flash, so you could reinstall jellyfin using those same settings from Previous Apps on the Apps page

Anyway i think issue is solved parity working now on full speed. I will send back Seagate Ironwolf to warranty for replacement, i never expect brand new NAS  drive to go bad in 1 week and given fact is only for appdata settings and nothing more