UNRAID HDD continuously wakes up from standby

I have a seagate 4TB HDD connected to my Thunderbolt port for backups.

When I run hdparm -y /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST4000NE001-2MA101_WJG01NY8 the drive goes to standby but then wakes after 1 minute or so.

All my Dockers are stopped and I have no VMs running. I tried iotop to see what was waking the drive but it doesnt show anything.

The drive will also not go to standby automatically no matter how many seconds I set (minimum 5 secs).

How can I check what's waking my drive and preventing it from going to standby automatically? Running 6.9rc2.

23 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

I have a seagate 4TB HDD connected to my Thunderbolt port for backups.

When I run hdparm -y /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST4000NE001-2MA101_WJG01NY8 the drive goes to standby but then wakes after 1 minute or so.

All my Dockers are stopped and I have no VMs running. I tried iotop to see what was waking the drive but it doesnt show anything.

The drive will also not go to standby automatically no matter how many seconds I set (minimum 5 secs).

How can I check what's waking my drive and preventing it from going to standby automatically? Running 6.9rc2.

OK, turns out that Tunable (poll_attributes): is the culprit. When it polls the drives for SMART data it wakes up my Seagate.

Any ideas how I can stop it doing this whilst monitoring the other drives?