Unraid 6.8.3 - Enabling SMBv2 support.

11 minutes ago, peppingc said:

I have recently built a HTPC running Kodi via Windows 10.  In order to get the HTPC to see my SMB shares I have had to renable SMB 1.0/CIFS Client as per this article :- https://www.windowscentral.com/how-access-files-network-devices-using-smbv1-windows-10

I understand SMBv1 is no longer supported in Windows 10 by default due to security concerns but how do I make UnRAID support SMBv2?

Unraid supports SMB versions up to SMB3 so in that sense you do not have to do anything.  If you do not want Unraid to support SMB1 then under Settings -> SMB make sure "Enable NetBIOS" (SMB1) is set to No and that "Enable WSD" (the replacement name service) is set to Yes.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you do not want Unraid to support SMB1 then under Settings -> SMB make sure "Enable NetBIOS" (SMB1) is set to No and that "Enable WSD" (the replacement name service) is set to Yes.

Thanks so much, just waiting for a parity check to finish and will do that.  I tried Googling a solution but got lost in the confusing posts it returned.  I'm assuming I can also turn off SMB 1.0/CIFS Client on the Winows 10 side when I apply this change.

Edit2:  I followed your suggested steps and turned off SMB 1.0/CIFS Client in Windows 10 but now when I browse for my media directories over on the UnRAID server I can not see the existing file paths, just a single entry for BORG.modem (Borg being the name of my UnRAID server.  Is there anything else I need to do on the UnRAID server?

Edit3:  I can see the file paths if I open up the BORG.modem entry and can access the files that way however I can not see my other Windows based file sources on other PCs any more (other PCs are all still running Windows 7 though, not 10.

Edited by peppingc
Add additional info.
  • 9 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, itimpi said:

Unraid supports SMB versions up to SMB3 so in that sense you do not have to do anything.  If you do not want Unraid to support SMB1 then under Settings -> SMB make sure "Enable NetBIOS" (SMB1) is set to No and that "Enable WSD" (the replacement name service) is set to Yes.

Legit!, I didnt realise Ive been running a slow 10GBE setup, made the change above....BOOM full monty speed, thank you mate