Can't change "Bonding Mode" in bonded eth.

Crad

Hey everyone,

I've setup bonding for my 10gbe fibre NIC but can't change the bonding mode from active-backup. No matter what setting I choose it just reverts back to active-backup (1)

Here are my settings

image.thumb.png.f2af18b5b7909c41a6628873ad23b9d6.png

Interestingly, Unraid logs display this when I try change the setting:

image.png.278eed98a6bc7ff0f81703621f290989.png

Could that have anything to do with it? I can't find any information on this anywhere.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 5:01 AM, ChatNoir said:

Have you tried with the Array Stopped ?

Couldn't remember as it's been so long but I just tried with the array stopped right now and still no dice. No matter what bonding mode I set it to, once applied it goes back to active-backup.

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 12:58 AM, Conrad Allan said:

Couldn't remember as it's been so long but I just tried with the array stopped right now and still no dice. No matter what bonding mode I set it to, once applied it goes back to active-backup.

i run a quad-NIC bonded with "802.3ad", and ran into your thread by accident on my way to check if there was already a bug report for this...

for me it's the same issue, the button option is stuck on active-backup, when i reboot my unraid box it'll be set to active-backup (and as a result not get a network connection, because the switch is expecting an 802.3ad setup) when i start the array, but if i first go into the settings menu, set it to 802.3ad, click apply, and then start the array.. it works.

the button still says active-backup, but it's running 802.3ad.

It's been so long I don't remember if I submitted a bug report for it. I don't believe I did as I came here to discover whether it was something was doing wrong, but didn't really get anywhere. Ultimately, it's been working on active-backup and I just run a direct connection to the UNRAID server. 10gbit is fast enough for me now as I run most of my processing in a VM now on Unraid so not much needs to come through the NIC.