Pre-clear failure, however I think there is a larger problem under the hood

Been using UnRAID since around 2010, first time ever pre-clearing a drive and it fails! haha ... I am doing two WD 8TB at the same time, one is standard WD RED the other is WD RED+ .. and the RED+ failed... failed on the Zeroing step, pre-read seemed to be fine.

I have create a log just with the pre-clear and disk error details

Logs link:

https://pastebin.com/kG3fvXXW

For some reason the drive is no longer showing in unassigned devices, however I can see it under /dev/sdd, but the weird thing is its showing 16GB devtmpfs. I have both the new WD drives, and my array drives connected via LSI 9211-8i - array drives are fine, and the other new WD RED is currently 50% through the zeroing stage.

Looking at the logs, I am seeing stuff I do not like at all! ... I'm thinking either a bad cable, or indeed a bad drive ... I am hesitant to think its the card as the 2 new WD drives are connected to P3 and P4 on the same connector for the LSI card .... I actually have some spare breakout cables arriving this week, along with an additional LSI 9300-8i, so I can always swap the card out as well and test again, but I don't think its the card.

However as this is my first pre-clear, I thought I would throw it to the masses and get your thoughts.

My other side question is regarding returning the drive ... I have never had to return a drive under warranty - I purchased it from Amazon, I have checked the serial on WD warranty site and its in warranty ... would you recommend I return via Amazon, or go directly through WD?

Also here is my unraid diagnostics - 

Any advice would be appreciated :) 

unraid-diagnostics-20210124-1200.zip

Edited by blade316
updated extra info
5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

There's no SMART for that drive, check/replace cables and power cycle and post new diags.

@JorgeB yeah I know, unfortunately when the pre-clear failed, I can't see the drive in unassigned devices, can only see it mounted to /dev/sdd ... but with the weird 16GB tmpfs, so I don't have any data .... thats why I grabbed what I could out of syslog just in case and put it on pastebin ... I will have to wait until the other WD Red finishes its pre-clear before I reboot and try and get the smart data for the the failed one.