6.8.3 Backup array data to USB HDD?

I would like to backup the data on my Unraid array to an external USB HDD, and I would like to know if I have any options other than plugging the USB HDD into my PC and copying files across my network. Do I have options which would allow me to plug the USB HDD directly into my Unraid tower and transfer files directly?

Yes my array is small enough to now fit on a single HDD. I built it back in late 2013, and data redundancy is a major reason why I chose to build an Unraid server instead of a cheaper NAS system. My data needs ended up not expanding substantially over this time. I do have multiple data drives in the array.

I have an AMD A4-4000 APU, it's a dual core (2T), and I believe it supports virtualization, although I've never tried to use that.

Unraid version 6.8.3

While I have been an Unraid user since 2013, I consider myself to very much be a novice with it. I pretty much got it setup and don't tinker with it. I do periodically check the web interface and run any available updates.