[Support] d8sychain - Elasticsearch

Same question here. Trying to install it the first time. Elasticsearch 8.

fatal exception while booting Elasticsearch | @timestamp=2024-01-06T04:28:38.229Z log.level=ERROR ecs.version=1.2.0 service.name=ES_ECS event.dataset=elasticsearch.server process.thread.name=main log.logger=org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch elasticsearch.node.name=78dd8c70729b elasticsearch.cluster.name=docker-cluster error.type=java.lang.IllegalStateException error.message=failed to obtain node locks, tried [/usr/share/elasticsearch/data]; maybe these locations are not writable or multiple nodes were started on the same data path? error.stack_trace=java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to obtain node locks, tried [/usr/share/elasticsearch/data]; maybe these locations are not writable or multiple nodes were started on the same data path?
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:294)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:499)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:344)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch$2.<init>(Elasticsearch.java:236)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.initPhase3(Elasticsearch.java:236)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:73)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: failed to obtain lock on /usr/share/elasticsearch/data
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:239)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:206)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:286)
	... 5 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/node.lock
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:106)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.toRealPath(UnixPath.java:834)
	at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:94)
	at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.FSLockFactory.obtainLock(FSLockFactory.java:43)
	at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.BaseDirectory.obtainLock(BaseDirectory.java:44)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:232)
	... 7 more
	Suppressed: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/node.lock
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:106)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:261)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:379)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createFile(Files.java:657)
		at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:84)
		... 10 more

21 hours ago, sasbro97 said:

Same question here. Trying to install it the first time. Elasticsearch 8.

fatal exception while booting Elasticsearch | @timestamp=2024-01-06T04:28:38.229Z log.level=ERROR ecs.version=1.2.0 service.name=ES_ECS event.dataset=elasticsearch.server process.thread.name=main log.logger=org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch elasticsearch.node.name=78dd8c70729b elasticsearch.cluster.name=docker-cluster error.type=java.lang.IllegalStateException error.message=failed to obtain node locks, tried [/usr/share/elasticsearch/data]; maybe these locations are not writable or multiple nodes were started on the same data path? error.stack_trace=java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to obtain node locks, tried [/usr/share/elasticsearch/data]; maybe these locations are not writable or multiple nodes were started on the same data path?
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:294)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:499)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:344)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch$2.<init>(Elasticsearch.java:236)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.initPhase3(Elasticsearch.java:236)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:73)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: failed to obtain lock on /usr/share/elasticsearch/data
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:239)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:206)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:286)
	... 5 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/node.lock
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.toRealPath(UnixPath.java:834)
	at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:94)
	at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.FSLockFactory.obtainLock(FSLockFactory.java:43)
	at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.BaseDirectory.obtainLock(BaseDirectory.java:44)
	at [email protected]/org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:232)
	... 7 more
	Suppressed: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/node.lock
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:261)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:379)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createFile(Files.java:657)
		at [email protected]/org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:84)
		... 10 more

Okay I found the reason. I don't know why but the unRAID Template for this container here creates the folder at the defined location with 755 permissions. That is why this error occurs. Just manually fix it by setting it recursively to 777 and it works.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to follow to guide the best i could, but i'm stuck at step 8

I'm using a fresh install of nextcloud (linuxserver.io) and elastic.

When i type the command, it tells me that the occ script does not exist, i think i deduced that the occ file is not or no longer located in that location, and i found an occ file in the /app/www/src/occ and /app/www/public/occ directories. but when i try to run these, it throws 2 different errors. The first one is for the /app/www/src/occ and it speaks of some permission issues, which i was unable to resolve. The second one seems to actually run, but gives a "The client noticed that the server is not Elasticsearch and we do not support this unknown product" error. I cannot deduced why it doesn't recognize elastic. In nextcloud i've input the local ip address of the unraid server along with the port number of the elesticsearch container (port 9200).

I've gotten stuck and can't figure out how to get the command to run for step 8.

Please bear with me, i'm very new to unraid in general :)6BSyHPR.png

"The client noticed that the server is not Elasticsearch and we do not support this unknown product"

This is the same issue i had when i tested both elasticsearch dockers available in community applications for v6.6.2 and v7.10.2 at the time.

Does this message have anything to do with licensing / forking the project?

I installed Elasticsearch 8, as suggested by JAnguita, from the repository "docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:8.11.1", but it did not help.

Additionally:

On v8.11.1, running "/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install --batch ingest-attachment" no longer works and provides the message:

"[ingest-attachment] is no longer a plugin but instead a module packaged with this distribution of Elasticsearch
-> Please restart Elasticsearch to activate any plugins installed"

I don't see occ installed, and do not know the name of the module.