We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Cannot rebuild parity - drives drop

cdeacon

Recently bought a couple 12T drives.  One went into Party slot, one added as additional storage.  Right after re-building parity with new drives, two other drives that have been running fine for months dropped out.

Thought I had a couple bad drives that were an issue, so went into New Config and removed them from the array.  Upon restart of the array during party build additional drives kept dropping out randomly, the system becomes unresponsive.  I'll reboot and they'll come back and then again random drives will drop off.

I've replaced all cables, running with an 850W PSU.  System is all pretty new (all parts within the last year).

I've attached the logs which show everything crap out....

UnRaid_Log.txt

Yup, put everything on the motherboard (lucky i had exactly enough ports) and it started re-building parity without error.  Crazy, as I've been running every drive, except for the parity drive, off of that controller since April 2020.  I have an LSI 9201 on the way, think I'll be able to bring that in with better success?

Edited by cdeacon