Parity Device is disabled

Earlier today I made a thread about my parity drive being very slow. I got the advice to redo the wiring on my drives:

I don't know which drive specifically was parity drive 2, so I stopped the array and rewired everything. Now it looks like parity drive 2 is fine, but parity has a red x on it. When I hover over the X, I see "PARTIY DEVICE IS DISABLED". Can I get some advice on what I should do? Thank all of you on this server for being so helpful.

nasbox-diagnostics-20210126-1927.zip

Since you rebooted, syslog doesn't show what happened before to disable parity.

Since you took the diagnostics without starting the array, can't see if your other disks are mounting OK.

SMART for parity looks OK. You will have to rebuild it. But first, start the array and post new diagnostics.

Looks like you're still having connection problems with parity. 

Cancel rebuild, shutdown, and check all connections, power and SATA, both ends, including splitters.

You have a Marvell controller, can you avoid those ports? Do you have any VMs that required hardware access? Some people have better success with Marvell controllers if they disable VT-d in the BIOS.

Also, disk2 is unmountable. We can deal with that later after you get your hardware problems resolved.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Looks like you're still having connection problems with parity. 

Cancel rebuild, shutdown, and check all connections, power and SATA, both ends, including splitters.

You have a Marvell controller, can you avoid those ports? Do you have any VMs that required hardware access? Some people have better success with Marvell controllers if they disable VT-d in the BIOS.

Also, disk2 is unmountable. We can deal with that later after you get your hardware problems resolved.

What issues do you see with parity? I've already swapped out to a fresh cable. Outside of a getting a new power supply or a new sata expansion card, I don't think there's much I can do. I know that my UDMA CRC error count was at 30, but it's never increase since I made the build about 3 months ago.

1 hour ago, thejellydude said:

UDMA CRC error count was at 30, but it's never increase

Those are connection problems the drive knows about because the communication it's getting has errors. It counts those and saves the count in the drive firmware. If the system isn't able to communicate with the drive at all there is  no way for the drive to know. Look in your syslog. 

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Those are connection problems the drive knows about because the communication it's getting has errors. It counts those and saves the count in the drive firmware. If the system isn't able to communicate with the drive at all there is  no way for the drive to know. Look in your syslog. 

So at this point is the only option to replace the hardware? Should I try swapping the port and power cable with a different drive to see if the issue migrates, and use that to isolate what I should replace? Or could that cause damage to my array?