We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

"Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout" After I restarted

pie36

I have had around 10 different parity errors the past couple checks I have ran so I decided to run mem86+. I tried the built in tool but it just rebooted, so I made a bootable flash drive and ran the test and no errors. So I rebooted and my cache and both data drives say "Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout". The parity drive is still mountable. I recently changed to a new computer for my server and moved my flash drive over. It is a Supermicro 6028u-trt4+ with an asr71605 hba card.

tower-diagnostics-20210201-0800.zip

2 minutes ago, pie36 said:

I have unassigned disk installed

I don't understand what this has to do with anything. Is the unassigned disk supposed to be one of your assigned disks? The only unassigned appearing in your diagnostics is a flash drive (not the boot flash).

3 minutes ago, pie36 said:

only option is format

Format what? Don't ever format any disk that has data on it you want to keep.

13 minutes ago, trurl said:

which disks are not mounting

OK, I see that both disk1 and disk2 are unmountable.

Some people resort to individual disks as RAID0 because they can't get their hardware to work without RAID. Did you do this with either setup?

I have the raid card in hba mode. All disk were assigned. The other flashdrive is the mem86+. Without the array started disk 1 and 2 don't have an option to mount in unassigned disk. The only option is format. I read on another post to try and mount the disk with unassigned disk to see if the files were still readable.