We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

[SOLVED] Invalid GUID Usb Creator

nillx42

Hello,

yesterday i started to setup my Unraid server.
So in my main Windows sytem i created a bootable Unraid stick with the USB creator provided by Limetech on my Sandisk Ultra fit 16gb.

Everything works create, i could boot into Unraid, purchase and activate a License and setup somethings.

While i tryed to pass my NVME controller and GPU to a Windows Vm i somehow fucked up and crashed the server.

After a reboot the Ethernet controller won´t start.

So i decided to start on a fresh install and switched back to my main Windows system and tried to flash the Usb stick with the USB creatore again.
But this time the USB creator throws me a error message in my face saying : "This Flash has an invalid GUID. Please chose another Flash device for Unraid"
And indeed the GUID ( FEED-3060-0000- 000000000000) looks generic and differs massivly from the GUID shown in my licens.

The real odd thing is that my Notebook also running Windows 10 won't show the Stick in the USB creator at all. But I can store files on it.

I tried to format the stick to NTFS and back to FAT32.

Erase the whole stick with zeros.

Switch from MBR to GPT but nothing changes the GUID back to normal.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this mystery? Or do I need to acquire a new USB stick and transfer my license?

Edited by nillx42
  • nillx42 changed the title to [SOLVED] Invalid GUID Usb Creator