Unraid Cache disk SMART health [199] Error

Hi All,

I recently got the error shown below:

Unraid Cache disk SMART health [199]: 28-02-2021 15:49
Warning [BORG] - udma crc error count is 4
ZA960NM10001_HKR02YPZ (sdh)

On a scale from 1 to 10 how serious is it?  Does this error mean I am losing data?  I recently migrated a bunch of data from 4 MyBook external drives over to my Share Drives. Each MyBook is 8TB in size for a total of 32TB.  The error mentions "Cache Disk" which I find strange because I have not yet put a single byte of data on my Cache Disk. In short, this error was not appearing before I completed this 32TB data migration task. 

Does anybody in the community have any advice what I need to do to fix this error?  Any tips will be welcome. Thank you for your time.

image.png.a7063baf94da28ad09a2ad9797694ab5.png

Thank you for the post JorgeB.  Below is a new screen capture of what seems to be the same error. However, this time the count has now changed to "143".  The "ZA960NM10001_HKRO2YPZ" shown below is the identification number for my CACHE Disk.  And after checking my CACHE Disk I see that it is connected to my SuperMicro onboard SAS port using the Mini SAS (SFF-8643 Host) - 4X SATA cable shown in the Amazon link below:

https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-Internal-Mini-SFF-8643-Host/dp/B01GPDBHDY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B01GPDBHDY&qid=1614654307&sr=8-1

Can anybody in the community please recommend a superior quality Mini 4X SATA cable I can buy to replace this one that seems to be giving me problems. I don't know much about these cables when it comes to quality so any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Also if I change my Cache Disk connection so it connects to a different port on the motherboard, can such a change mess up my UnRaid OS? My concern is such a change is going to cause me UnRaid OS hard drive configuration problems.  Thank you for your time.

image.png.cef0167e878c792943c463de5fea1fb2.png

Thanks for the post JorgeB.  I swapped the problematic SATA connector with a spare SATA connector not being used. I then powered up my UnRaid machine and the error no longer shows up.  So it looks like I one of the SATA connectors in my Mini SAS SFF-8643 to 4X SATA cable became defective.

Can any body in the community please recommend a quality Mini SAS (SFF-8643 Host) - 4X SATA cable I can buy?  The one shown in the Amazon link below is what I am currently using and it looks like I need to replace it due to how one of the SATA connectors has already failed:

https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-Internal-Mini-SFF-8643-Host/dp/B01GPDBHDY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B01GPDBHDY&qid=1614654307&sr=8-1

Thank you for your time.