Server's crashing and I can't get remote syslog to work - ahhhh!

Hi Guys,

Havin' a bit of a mare with a new server build and need to get logs persisted to give me a clue as to whats happening. 

I've pointed Unraid at my existing syslog server, but nothing is being written to it. The syslog server is happily receiving logs from my router mesh and other linux boxes, but nothing appearing for Unraid.  

I attach a screenshot of my rsyslog settings. I would attach my diags if the $%^*%$ server would stay up long enough to grab them.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed as I've been fighting with this build for a week. 

Cheers guys.

rsyslog.PNG

4 hours ago, JPanda said:

That's great its now logging to my syslog server 👍 - now the real "fun" begins 🧐

Cheers

Hmmmm may have been a bit hasty to celebrate there - a whole bunch of zero length log files were created under /var/log/unraid01 (my server name), but have all remained zero length.

On the positive side, I have built a windows VM on my Unraid box and been using it to sync content from my ISCSI SAN without issue for the past 4 hours without any issues. All very odd, but for now its working fine, even if it isn't remote syslogging 🤞