Upgraded to 6.9.1 and now nothing works..

So the other night I noticed there was an update so went ahead and did it. It looked to complete fine but once it went into restart everything went real bad from there... 

At this point I can't get the system to come up. It stops on "Kernel panic - not syncing: fatal exception in interrupt"

Now if I create a new usb I can get it work on the new and old software, but once I try to copy in the config folder if stops no matter which OS version I'm using.

I dont have a backup of my usb key but I did copy the config folder. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!! 

Thanks!! 

Your   .key   file should be in the root of the   /config    folder/directory. 

Try booting into the safe mode.   

If this safe boot fails please observe when it is occurring during the boot process.  You can also take a picture of the monitor screen.  (Make sure you can actually read the information!)  Tell us what version you updated from.

I see  "kvm" listed in the picture.  From Google, I believe this is part of an attempt to install a virtual machine.  

I assume you have a copy of your flash drive-- particularly the    /config    folder.  I would start by renaming all of the folders in the  /config folder with .tst extension except for the   shares   folder.  Then see if the server will start. 

Unfortunately that didn't seem to make any difference. I did locate an older backup that was able to restore my system to mostly functioning. 

The one main thing I now have an issue with is my VM's. They are showing up but I am unable to start them. 

Execution error:

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2021-03-14T22:44:48.806580Z qemu-system-x86_64: -machine pc-q35-4.2,accel=kvm,usb=off,dump-guest-core=off,mem-merge=off: unsupported machine type Use -machine help to list supported machines

Seems like an odd error as nothing should have changed from one to the other on the backup. 

• 1 month later...