nginx 503 error

kjac

After updating to 6.9.1 and rebooting to finalize the update I logged in after the computer booted up and got the white screen, nginx 503 service error. I rebooted the computer and got the same error after logging in. I then got the diagnostics file and rebooted again and now it is working. I just want to make sure it's not going to happen again so i'm posting my logs. The likely culprit appears to be this error:

Mar 19 18:14:04 Tower emhttpd: error: get_key_info, 573: Invalid argument (22): fread: /boot/config/Plus.key
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 8 TIMES] ###
Mar 19 18:14:12 Tower nginx: 2021/03/19 18:14:12 [error] 10480#10480: *95 limiting requests, excess: 20.656 by zone "authlimit", client: 192.168.2.7, server: , request: "PROPFIND /login HTTP/1.1", host: "tower"

tower-diagnostics-20210319-1834.zip

• 2 months later...

I'm still having this issue but no one ever responded so here I am again. I can boot up unraid just fine, but I keep getting this error even after a reboot.

May 19 19:31:58 Tower emhttpd: error: get_key_info, 573: Invalid argument (22): fread: /boot/config/Plus.key

Edited by kjac

This is your problem:

-rw-------  1 root root     0 Nov  3 17:54 Plus.key
-rw-------  1 root root   256 Nov  3 17:51 Pro.key
-rw-------  1 root root   256 Oct 24 20:42 Trial.key

There are three key files on your USB stick, one of which has no content. On the assumption that the Pro key is valid, delete the Plus.key and the Trial.key files in the config directory on your USB. You can do it from the command line with

rm /boot/config/Trial.key
rm /boot/config/Plus.key

Then reboot.

59 minutes ago, John_M said:

This is your problem:

-rw-------  1 root root     0 Nov  3 17:54 Plus.key
-rw-------  1 root root   256 Nov  3 17:51 Pro.key
-rw-------  1 root root   256 Oct 24 20:42 Trial.key

There are three key files on your USB stick, one of which has no content. On the assumption that the Pro key is valid, delete the Plus.key and the Trial.key files in the config directory on your USB. You can do it from the command line with

rm /boot/config/Trial.key
rm /boot/config/Plus.key

Then reboot.

That fixed it. Thanks