Flash almost full (512mb) (and old) - so need to replace. What happened to the instructions?

Need a new USB stick. Went to find the instructions on what I need to do and found that the link "here" gives NO info.

So has the process changed? What is needed?

My worry is that the registration process for the new USB stick will blacklist my current old one and I won't be able to get my server back should the operation fail.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Does the information here help?  This is  from the online documentation that can be accessed via the Manual link at the bottom of the unraid GUI.

And that is just what I spent ages looking for. Typical! I had seen it in the past - thought I had bookmarked it - and the only link I had was the one now empty.

Been using local storage on my media player lately, so haven't had my unraid server on. Never thought of the links there - rarely look at the GUI 😳.

Have you done this before? Always worry about stuffing things up.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, flambot said:

Have you done this before? Always worry about stuffing things up.

Yes. 

If there are any issues then emailing Limetech normally results in quick resolution.   Just make sure you have a backup of the old one before proceeding (or at least the 'config' folder off the old one as it contains all your settings).

2 hours ago, flambot said:

Never thought of the links there - rarely look at the GUI

The documentation is also accessible via the unRaid web site.   It is progressively being improved so and it is often easier to find what you are looking for there (as it is more structured) than trying to search in the forum.