Need help reconfiguring cache

Hi.
Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to move all data off cache so that i can reconfigure it and then re-enable cache for the affected shares.
I currently only have "Prefer : Cache" shares; appdata, system and VMs. What would be the correct way to move all data to spinning disks so that i can take the entire cache down/remove it, reconfigure it, and then bring cache online again and move everything back to cache? I'm running on 6.9.2.
Thank you!

7 minutes ago, supergregg said:

Hi.
Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to move all data off cache so that i can reconfigure it and then re-enable cache for the affected shares.
I currently only have "Prefer : Cache" shares; appdata, system and VMs. What would be the correct way to move all data to spinning disks so that i can take the entire cache down/remove it, reconfigure it, and then bring cache online again and move everything back to cache? I'm running on 6.9.2.
Thank you!

• Stop Docker and VM services under  Settings
  • Change Use Cache setting to Yes
  • Run mover from Main tab to get files moved to array

When ready to move them back:

• Change Use Cache setting to Prefer.
  • Run mover from Main tab to get files moves to pool (cache)
  • (optional) set Use Cache setting to Only to stop option for them being created on array in the future.
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

• Stop Docker and VM services under  Settings
  • Change Use Cache setting to Yes
  • Run mover from Main tab to get files moved to array

When ready to move them back:

• Change Use Cache setting to Prefer.
  • Run mover from Main tab to get files moves to pool (cache)
  • (optional) set Use Cache setting to Only to stop option for them being created on array in the future.

5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Thank you! Looks easy enough, now to find a good time to power down the VMs, as it also kills my internet connection. Thank's again!