Help with Midnight Commander file transfer, cannot chown target directory /mnt/disks/Lexar#1

I've recently changed my deluge download location from unassigned disk to cache.  Everything is ok.  But now, I"m copying downloaded file to my Lexar USB (also unassigned disk), I am encountering above error.  

I'm not familiar with linux permissions, so don't know what to do next.

fat32.  Can't recall the original one, but the same Lexar#1, as soon as I plugged it in, I had that error message pop up.  The same usb was working before.  I wasn't able to check old fs, and just deleted, and formatted it, to fat32, with the same error coming up.

Edited by jang430

I believe I was on exFat or Fat32 before.  And Upon plugging this usb drive in, and trying to copy, it didn't work, hence I deleted, and formatted Fat32.  The same problem came out.  I tried exFat again, also not working.  Deleted again partitions, this time around, tried NTFS, and it worked.  Any reason for this?

Edited by jang430

I can now confirm that my Lexar#1, other USB devices that I plug to my Unraid were on Fat32.  So used to be, I can use MC to do file transfer from NAS to these USB devices.  I've recently upgraded to 6.9.2.  Did this change any MC version?  Kernel Version?  Was this the reason why it isn't working now on Fat32?