UnRaid server completely hidden on dorm network

Hi!

I'm relatively new to all this, sorry if this is a basic request. I've googled around and haven't found any direct answers, so I thought I'd make my own post.

I've had a seperate UnRaid server for about a year now, with my workstation having access to it over the home network. In prep for moving to a dorm this autumn, I'll be merging the two machines into one using a VM for the ws - and if I understood this correctly - the VM will have access to the array over a virtual network. 

The dorm network is just a wifi network that everyone connects to, so it's shared between me and about 100 other people. Is there a way for me to hide my server/VM off the network, while Plex, rclone (syncing to dropbox), and the VMs array access still works?

When testing with just the server (haven't built the merged machine yet), I can set shares to be hidden, but the actual box is still viewable through the 'network' tab for other computers on the network.

The idea is for security purposes - in case theres some smart ass hacker that lives above who wants to ruin my day - but as long as my loginn password is secure, and the shares are hidden, does it actually pose a security issue?

Thanks for any input!