[SOLVED] Mover moving to full disk

I'm using a cache disk, my user share has two disks (2 and 4). Disk 2 is nearly full (only 15GB free), and I've got a 42GB Bluray ISO on the cache disk.

Whenever the mover starts up, it keeps trying to move the ISO to disk2 where it runs out of space and fails. I upgraded from unRaid 4.5 to 4.7 hoping this was a known problem that was fixed, but no luck.

Allocation method is fill-up, min free space is 0, but based on the description of the fill-up method, it seems like that should be ok. I've tried swapping disk4 and disk2 in the list of disks for the user share, but I'm not sure what else to do. Seems like a bug to me, but maybe I've got something configured wrong. Any ideas?

This is operating as expected with the settings you have.

Most file copies occur by creating a 0 byte file and then appending bytes to it. When Min Free Space is set to 0 and you attempt to move a file, the user filesystem does a check if there is at least 0 bytes free on the drive, which there is, and thus it identifies the disc as a likely candidate.

You need to specify a reasonable setting for Min Free Space. A typical suggestion is for it to be larger than the average file size you will be writing to the drive.

Thanks guys, my screw up, I swear when I read about fill-up it said it checked how much free space was left and wouldn't copy the file if it was larger, but I can't find the reference anymore, and what I am reading now is just what you are saying.

I'll make the appropriate changes, thanks.

Archived