Gigabyte G33-DS3R A Success...

Just to let you know.. with help from one of the forum members this weekend we got my Unraid working.

The Gigabyte motherboard works fine... has 8 sata ports and graphics. But the built in networking does not as it has the realtek chip. So a Intel pci board is needed as well for full compatibility.

All in all a very tidy solution :)

Any news on the Realtek RTL 8111B chipset compatibility Tom?

Another thing to be aware of is that this mobo won't go below 800MHz FSB speed.  If you have older processors & memory (I have Celeron 356+ 3.33GHz 533MHz FSB).  Guess who bought 2 of these Mobos to replace his P5LD2-SE's! :'(

I have decided to stick with the mobo and update my CPUs & Ram. 

BTW. Can unraid use both cores of a dual core or is that just wasting money?  Even if a future release can benefit I'll get a lower end one as they're pretty cheap now.

Thanks,

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some users reported a problem with adding more than 12 drives, the motherboard does not see the flash key anymore apparently. How many drives are you running on it at the moment?

I am looking for a replacement mboard at the moment, this seems the board for me.

I have 11 drives in my unraid, so very soon I will approach the limit + I am having nic problems and cannot install a network card as my mboard only has two pci expansion slots, already in use.