Cache drive wirite activity

Hi all, in the past I haven't pay much attention to my cache drive since it has been working just fibe ever since. However, in the last 2 week I received 2 notifications about a high temperature in the drive. It was something around 49C, so, it was weird in my opinion since it hasn'e happened in the last 3 years.

I noticed today that my cache has a total write operations (via WebUI) of a little more than 100 million. I start checking the disk activity and I noticed a constant spike of around 20-400 kb/s every few seconds. So, I use htop to try to determine what was going on since those spikes disappear when I disable the docker service.

I found via htop that something called dockerd and shfs are the ones that usually appears when I noticed those spikes on the cache drive.

So, my questions are:

1. Should I be worried about those spikes on my cache drive?
  2. Are those 100 million write operations found via WebUI something to be worried? Server up time when I noticed that number was around 3 days.

Unraid cache drive settings shows a total of 20.4 TB written and and 12 TB read with a total of power on hours of 17909 hrs (2.04 years)

I have to mention that I use my cache drive to copy there all my Sonarr/Radarr downloads and at around 10 pm transferr it to my array. I didn't move that much data this way, maybe around two 3 gb files every day. Cache drive is also configured to hold appdata; no VM's in my system.

unRAID Question.png

Docker/VMs are known to write constantly, though much better with v6.9.x, also helped if the SSD was reformatted with the new partition layout.

14 hours ago, Rommel said:

Are those 100 million write operations found via WebUI something to be worried?

This is basically meaningless, you can check SMART for the total TBW, then check 24H later to see if it is something to worry about.

• Like 1