Empty drives showing used space

Sounds about right.     Even a drive with no files on it will have space used to hold the file system structure  information, with the amount used varying by file system type.   Surprised the values are not the same if the disks are the same size and using the same file system.   Having said that the more recent versions of XFS have a larger overhead when creating an empty file system so maybe that explains the difference?

Sounds about right.     Even a drive with no files on it will have space used to hold the file system structure  information, with the amount used varying by file system type.   Surprised the values are not the same if the disks are the same size and using the same file system.   Having said that the more recent versions of XFS have a larger overhead when creating an empty file system so maybe that explains the difference?

Yeah I’m not sure. What would be the safest approach to “wipe” the drives so that the used space is the same?

Because the drive is empty can I stop the array, un assign it, format it xfs then put it back in the array? Will this trigger a rebuild?
Both drives are already xfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Yeah I’m not sure. What would be the safest approach to “wipe” the drives so that the used space is the same?

Because the drive is empty can I stop the array, un assign it, format it xfs then put it back in the array? Will this trigger a rebuild?
Both drives are already xfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You definitely do NOT want to go any route involving a rebuild as that cannot change a drives content.

If you want to reformat the drives the procedure is covered here in the online documentation that can be accessed via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.