[SOLVED] Really slow (50 MB/s) transfer speed between disks on UnRaid - Even with parity turned off

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:
iperf3 -c server_IP -R

[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec   113 MBytes   951 Mbits/sec
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec   113 MBytes   945 Mbits/sec
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec   113 MBytes   949 Mbits/sec
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec   113 MBytes   948 Mbits/sec
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec   113 MBytes   947 Mbits/sec
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec   113 MBytes   946 Mbits/sec
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec   113 MBytes   948 Mbits/sec
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec   113 MBytes   945 Mbits/sec
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec   113 MBytes   947 Mbits/sec
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec   109 MBytes   918 Mbits/sec

Except from that the problem still exist with a maximum transfer speed between 50mb/s & 60mb/s when i am transfering data between my pc and the server.

Edited by Cyaankali
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

And the source is fast? From what I've seen so far looks more like source problems, do you have a different computer you can test with? Also run a diskspeed docker read test to confirm disks and controller are performing as expected.

I don't have another pc to test this particular problem.  The files that i mostly transfer to my NAS device are mkv, m2ts & flac files.  See attachment for more information on the Diskspeed results.

Diskspeed.png

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That looks normal, what's the source device? Also to rule out anything array related assign one disk as a single pool and tranfer to it, if it's still slow it's likely a source problem.

The source device is an old SATA hdd so maybe that's why the transfer speed is so slow.  When i am copying the same file from a M2 ssd to my NAS it's 100mb/s.  I also installed the unassigned device plugin but i don't have the place to add an extra disk/ssd in my NAS because it's already filled with eight 4TB hdd's.

• 1 year later...