RCLONE Set up - There is no "mnt/disks" folder!

Hi Folks been working on this issue for some time and have a few simple questions that would help clear up a lot of my inherent misconceptions. Please bear with me for the wall of text, but each question leads to another depending on the answer, but I assure you I can tell that this is probably something stupid I am missing and will be a quick thread.

Quick background on the set up:

1. Brand new Ondrive account

2. Have a folder called /user/Media and a share /Media that spans all disks

3. Want to use onedrive to sync the Media share

4. Can't decide if I should try to use the current folder as the local mount or if I should create a new folder called /mnt/?/secure, copy data from /user/Media to /mnt/?/secure and then point the /user/Media share to /mnt/?/secure - you will see why I am using a '?' down below

5. I will be editing files on the local storage and should automatically update OneDrive, but sync should also work in reverse I would assume

I've completed everything but obviously screwed up somewhere where the instructions we not clear - I think I know where as per below, here we go:

I've completed the UNRAID / RCLONE from SpaceInvaders to get OneDrive working but at one point he asks to create the local mount in /mnt/disks/

QUESTION 1: There is no "/mnt/disks" in UNRAID. Only "/mnt/disk(disk number)". I used "/mnt/user" Are we supposed to create the /mnt/disks directory, should it not already be there?

This leads me to another question

QUESTION 2:  What is the "disks" directory, why doesn't my instance have it and why are we writing directly to it?  I was under the impression that you really should not be writing to any disk directly and should always use the /user/ directory to let UNRAID figure out it's magic. Is this not the case?? I know I am missing something here

Moving forward. Current Script below, already ran it.

Script:

#Local Mount Point
mntpoint="/mnt/user/secure" <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Is this wrong to put under /user as per above?

#Remote Share
remoteshare="secure:"

mkdir - $mntpoint
rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other $remoteshare $mntpoint &

ISSUE: After the script ran, I uploaded a 1mb doc to onedrive. I then navigate to "shares" GUI, shows the "secure" folder as unprotected and there is nothing in it, even though I added a 1mb document into the folder in onedrive. I would expect to see it in the /secure folder, why is it not there? Is the sync not instant?

Thanks folks in advance, but please do not just post the link to the rclone page - I read it and still don't understand, hence posting here. Need a short discussion on it - this is how I learn.

• JorgeB locked this topic