Unraid crashes / docker freeze after update?

I updated to unraid 6.9.2 the same time i added a new 1tb samsung ssd as cache. After the update I found that the sonarr webUI didnt work. All other docker seemed to work fine. When i tried to restart the docker nothing happened. At that point all other docker just stooped working as well. While the unraid webUI in general worked, starting stopping dockers or even restarting the server did nothing. At the time i just cut power and restarted the server. Everything seemed to work just fine. A few hours later the sonarr webUI didnt work yet again. Long story short everything repeated over and over again with basically no change.

At some point i thought maybe the cache drive was the problem since i read somewhere that someone (specific i know...) had a problem with his. After trying to clear the cache so that i can disconnect it, the server froze a few times. Either the ui didnt update anymore and wouldnt load anything or the site just crashed. But the server didnt shut down you could clearly hear the disks spinning. Sometimes some of my shares just vanished including appdata and system. Other times the shares tab didnt load but had a error massage (see picture). That made me believe that maybe the cache drive had issues. After finally removing the drive i had high hopes. But just like before a view hours later the sonarr webUI didnt work again. Its clear that something is wrong and the cache wasnt the issue.

While all that happened i looked at the syslogs (/var/log/syslog) a few times as well as htop. What seemed odd here is that sometimes certain processes used 100% cpu (which in itself is odd since what actually happened is that one core was at 100% per one proocess that had "100% cpu usage"). The processes came from docker that didnt work at the time. But not everytime a docker didnt work there was a process with 100% cpu usage. The second oddity i saw in htop was a process that started approximately when the docker stopped working. its "command is "/usr/bin/dockerd -p /var/run/dockerd.pid --log-level=error --storage-driver=btrfs".

Since all docker are effected i dont think its a problem with a specific docker but with unraid itself (or anything else but the docker). I dont know what todo at this point and i would appreciate any help. If there is something else i can provide iam happy to do my best to do so.

As a side note I also noticed that some of my files got corrupted. I could only see that on pictures but i think some videos as well. Thats obviously a big issue and nothing you can take lightly.

**edit**

when copying the file to my pc and than opening it nothing happens and the picture has no corruption... I dont understand how that is even possible. I copied the file to my pc, deleted is from the server and copied it back. Now its not corrupted when i open it on the server?!

I attached the shares error massage.

shares tab error massage.PNG

Edited by Kinji

I restored to unraid 9.6.1. Atm all is working but i will say nothing before at least 1 day passed. But here i am more confused than before. I checked the 3 corrupted pictures i knew of. 1 was displayed correctly as if nothing happened and the other 2 still looked corrupted after changing back to normal after like 3 sec having it open. Cant explain it at all...

It is not clear for me if you set up a syslog server or if you pulled those syslogs from a running system.

If you didn't, you should and it would hopefully provide details on the system status when you loose docker : https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601

In any case, your Diagnostics would provide more details about your system. Go to Tools / Diagnostics and attach the full zip to your next post.

Sry it was my first time working with logs and didnt know were to download the logs. Since than i now know that and i would attach the right ones. My Problem had something todo with a bad ramstick. Dont know why but after testing the bad stick alone unraid crashed instantly and it seems like my docker.image got destroyed. Now the stick is out and all set up again and no problems so far.

Edited by Kinji