how to uninstall unmenu and reinstall

djdexter

how do i uninstall unmenu and then reinstall it...to do a "clean install" with out F'n up my current setup array

cp /boot/unmenu/unmenu_install /tmp/unmenu_install

rm -rf /boot/unmenu

If you want to remove all the downloaded packages.  This will also remove any configuration settings you may have made by removing all the .conf files:

rm -rf /boot/packages 

Then, to re-install.

mkdir /boot/unmenu

/tmp/unmenu_install -i -d /boot/unmenu

I'm curious though, what do you think will happen differently?  unMENU does not just "break" and it does a pretty decent job of updating itself.

Joe L.

oh i am trying to do a clean install of transmission...for some reason after the new update I can't update the port.....

But you said the settings.local file and settings.json file had the new values.  The question is... which directory did you look in?

The one on the flash drive, or the one in your install directory?

i looked in the install folder one...and its the new value lets say port 900...but for some reason it opens up from a old port 800. i check all setting local and json file  and they all have port 900 i have no idea how its still picking up port 800

ok this is weird..so i changed the directory to /mnt/user/blah1 and changed the port to 900 and it worked...So baiscly for some reason i can only change the port if i change the install directory as well..why is that?

Don't have a chance to look at the package right now, but it might have something to do with the fact that the settings.json file in the install location is not delete/changed like it should be.

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue similar to this. I tried changing the settings for Transmission via the unMenu package manager page and I click Save These Settings and try to start Transmission (via the User Scripts button) and it will fail with an error in settings.json.

If I try to change the settings again via the package manager, Transmission will still fail to start with the same error. It looks like the settings file isn't being updated correctly.

I'm having an issue similar to this. I tried changing the settings for Transmission via the unMenu package manager page and I click Save These Settings and try to start Transmission (via the User Scripts button) and it will fail with an error in settings.json.

If I try to change the settings again via the package manager, Transmission will still fail to start with the same error. It looks like the settings file isn't being updated correctly.

Have you tried the newest unMenu package attached to my Transmission thread in the Customization forum?

Archived