Update. Reboot. Unable to boot now.

So I had been NOT upgrading to 6.9.2 due to hearing issues with updates. I forgot what unraid version I was on. I downloaded the unraid update a few days ago and then told my server to reboot to finish the update overnight. Wake up in the morning this is about 12 hour difference. Unraid server is not booting. 

I check the sever. It sees the usb. But won’t boot to the usb now. 

ive tried various ports for the usb. Tried letting it sit there and off for a bit. I have had this thing running for years. And latest uptime was just over 120 days. 

How can I fix this? Can I just take the usb out “backup” the files. Make a new bootable usb and put my configure files back in??

any help please. 

edit: just plugged usb into a regular windows pc. Loads to devices. But I cannot open it. Corrupted usb? Or is this normal?

edit2: formatted new usb (with trial I’m assuming) seems to be booting up with GUI. I “hope” Unraid makes a random backup of the usb before updating. If it does where can I find it? If it doesn’t. What do I lose?

Edit3: original usb seems dead. Dead. Dead. Can’t even format it on another PC. what are my steps?

Edited by Nyghthawk
Adding info
14 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Do you have a backup of the flash drive?

It doesn't, there's a GUI option to manually backup, there's also the myservers plugin that auto backups to the cloud.

No idea if I did that. I figured I’d start “from scratch” but ultimately the app data folder is still there. So there can’t be that much to do / change?