Some or all files unprotected (SOLVED)

Hy

I know the Question about "Some or all files unprotected" has been asked several times and I think I read al posts but still can't figure out whats wrong with one of my share folders.

I have a share folder called nextcloud which had a pair of SSD as a cache and was set to "Use cache pool" prefer. But then suddenly the green dot in front of the sehre turned to an exclamation mark (Some or all files unprotected)

So I powered down the nextcloud docker, set the share to "Use cache pool" to yes, and let mover transfer all files from the SSD "protected" to the array. After all files where moved and the SSD cache was empty the "Some or all files unprotected" was still there even after a reboot of the server.

So whats wrong with this share? Is it really not protected since now all files are on the array (array has ha parity disk)?

Edited by gekoch
Hy

I know the Question about "Some or all files unprotected" has been asked several times and I think I read al posts but still can't figure out whats wrong with one of my share folders.
I have a share folder called nextcloud which had a pair of SSD as a cache and was set to "Use cache pool" prefer. But then suddenly the green dot in front of the sehre turned to an exclamation mark (Some or all files unprotected)

So I powered down the nextcloud docker, set the share to "Use cache pool" to yes, and let mover transfer all files from the SSD "protected" to the array. After all files where moved and the SSD cache was empty the "Some or all files unprotected" was still there even after a reboot of the server.

So whats wrong with this share? Is it really not protected since now all files are on the array (array has ha parity disk)?

If no files are on the cache change the share setting to not use cache at all and warning should go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok I've found the problem.

On another cache drive there were also a few files from this share stored. So I set this cache drive as cache pool and set it to Yes let mover transfer all files to the array, and now the share is protected!

Thx anyway and sorry for opening another thread wit this topic

Andy

• Thanks 3
  • gekoch changed the title to Some or all files unprotected (SOLVED)