Cant access webGUI after network change

Nem

I used to run my unraid machine at 192.168.187.10. Under management access, I had the HTTP and HTTPS ports set to 8181 and 4343, because 80 and 443 were being used by a docker container

Therefore, on my local network I would access the webGUI at 192.168.187.10:8181

I just moved to a new apartment and set up a new network under 192.168.1.x. I went into the webGUI and set the static ip to 192.168.1.10. I seem to be able to access my shares and docker containers just fine, but I'm unable to reach the webGUI at 192.168.1.10:8181. It redirects me to xx.unraid.net:4343, where I get `ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT` ... is there something else I need to change somewhere? How much of this is due to incorrect settings, vs having a new public IP as a result of being in a new apartment and new ISP?

6 hours ago, Squid said:

use https://192.168.1.10:8181

Also, not that there's anything wrong, but usually in the case of a conflict between 80 / 443 you would tend to adjust the host port of the container (leaving the container port alone) to solve the conflict.

https://192.168.1.10:8181 doesn't work. It doesn't even seem to redirect me to xx.unraid.net:4343. I just immediately get a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

9 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

try https://192.168.1.10:4343

that seems to work, thanks

I think I'm confusing myself with my own setup. why does :4343 work, but not :8181?

also, how does the redirect to xx.unraid.net:4343 fit into the picture? what is the purpose of that? that is the page that :8181 redirects me to, but now just leads to a connection time out (it used to work in my old apartment)

6 hours ago, Nem said:

confusing myself with my own setup

14 hours ago, Squid said:

in the case of a conflict between 80 / 443 you would tend to adjust the host port of the container

Many containers are likely to have this same conflict with each other unless you map them to another host port. So just deal with each container and leave Unraid webUI ports at their standard setting.

I suspect that your new network has DNS Rebinding enabled, which will prevent yourpersonalhash.unraid.net from resolving.

To test, on your Windows (if you are using something other than Windows the commands should be similar) client computer (the one running the browser you are using, not the server) go to the search bar and type:

cmd

and press enter.  Then type:

ping rebindtest.unraid.net

If DNS Rebinding is *not* an issue the result will look like this:

>ping rebindtest.unraid.net

Pinging rebindtest.unraid.net [192.168.42.42] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.42.42:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

It is normal to see "Request timed out" in the results, the important part is that it resolved "rebindtest.unraid.net" to "192.168.42.42".  

If your new network has DNS Rebinding protection it will not be able to resolve 192.168.42.42.  Let me know how it goes and we can figure out next steps either way.

@ljm42 tried a couple of tests...

> ping rebindtest.unraid.net

Pinging rebindtest.unraid.net [192.168.42.42] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.42.42:

> ping <personalhash>.unraid.net

Pinging <personalhash>.unraid.net [192.168.187.10] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.187.10:

In the second case, it is trying to resolve <personalhash>.unraid.net to my old unraid ip (192.168.187.10), rather than the new one (192.168.1.10)

Excellent test, thank you. OK so the issue is that the DDNS for personalhash.unraid.net is not updating.  What version of Unraid are you on, and do you have the My Servers plugin installed? If so, is it fully up to date?

Go to Settings -> Management Access and press Update DNS. What happens?

• Like 1