isos folder created on storage drive when set to cache

I'm not using VMs, the VM service hasn't run since I first set up my server. I have the isos share set to use the cache. However, I sometimes have an empty isos folder appear on one of my storage drives. I expect it to stay there (and empty) on my cache array, but why is it appearing on a storage drive? Under Cache, it is set to YES:Cache (not prefer).

I found a thread from 2017 describing the exact same thing, but the thread ended with no real solution or explanation (just another member saying it might be a bug, but I don't think so given it has been 4 years).

Anything I'm missing here, or explanation anyone can provide? It isn't really hurting anything, but I like to know why my stuff is doing what it does.

Attached diagnostics

megachurch-diagnostics-20210818-2334.zip

17 minutes ago, Hastor said:

YES:Cache (not prefer)

cache-yes means write new files to cache then later move them to the array.

cache-prefer means write new files to cache if there is room, or to the array if there isn't room, then move them to cache when there is room.

So, you have told it to move them to the array.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

cache-yes means write new files to cache then later move them to the array.

cache-prefer means write new files to cache if there is room, or to the array if there isn't room, then move them to cache when there is room.

So, you have told it to move them to the array.

Remembering a little better now, I'd removed the share completely, as only my user share was on each of my disks. I'm not sure why the iso share reappeared then. I just noticed there was more than one folder on a disk which isn't usual. My user share should have been the only thing on the actual array. I've deleted the share again, but if it matches up with the post from 2017, it might appear again.... I shall see.