Cache Full/Setup

Cannot download the diagnostics file :( 

Commonest mistake is not understanding the Use Cache setting for a share.  Turning on the GUI help gives a good summary of what the settings do or read the online documentation that can be accessed via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  You want it to be 'Yes" to get files moved to the array.

14 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Cannot download the diagnostics file :( 

Commonest mistake is not understanding the Use Cache setting for a share.  Turning on the GUI help gives a good summary of what the settings do or read the online documentation that can be accessed via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  You want it to be 'Yes" to get files moved to the array.

Hi,

I think i got it setup alright.

When uploading the log i get error...

"Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file. (Error code: -200) "

For now i put it here that seems to work.
https://we.tl/t-QJEeiUE8Qo

I have a setup with shares:
Only : Cache
Appdata

Domains

System

Yes : Cache
Backup

isos

Main

Try again to post your Diagnostics.

Mover is intended for idle time. Default schedule is once a day in the middle of the night. 

It is impossible to move from faster cache to slower array as fast as you can write to cache. If you are trying to move from cache while continuing to write to cache that only makes it compete for the same resources. 

If you are writing more than cache can hold don't cache. 

Hi, 

Now the upload work, It didn't with firefox edge works beter so it seems.

The Main share will be used for files that are more often used like excel/Word files. 

Isos is just a storage location that will be lest just than even back-up's.

The back-ups will run every 3 days. Do you guy's recommend a other setup ?

What for sizes is often used for the cache drive ? 
is 250GB enough ?

Thanks for the info.  

Unraid shares.PNG

Unraid Main.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20210828-1427.zip

6 minutes ago, Marcez said:

So that when there is a back-up write to back-up share, It will be faster. 
And then in the evening unraid can put it on the aray

It might be sufficient to simply have the backup run overnight directly to the array avoiding the need to occupy the space for the backup share on a SSD pool?

3 hours ago, Marcez said:

So that when there is a back-up write to back-up share, It will be faster. 
And then in the evening unraid can put it on the aray

Are you sitting around waiting for the backup to complete? I never cache scheduled backups or queued downloads since I am not waiting on them anyway.

My systems that need a back-up i turn of in the evening, So would prefer to keep that. 
The back-ups arn't that big they only should add/remove data from the existing back-up.

Nevertheless, The back-up on the unraid share didn't even run one time yet. 

So that can't be the problem for the full cache. I mean at the moment the is only one picture in the back-up share located to test. 

So it seems that the problem isn't in a full back-up share

You have a some cache-only shares (appdata, domains) with some files on the array. Mover ignores cache-only and cache-no shares, so those won't get moved to cache where they belong. Of course, you don't currently have any room on cache for them anyway.

Click Compute All button at the bottom of User Shares and wait for the results. If you don't get results after several minutes refresh the page. Then post a screenshot.

• Thanks 1

Backup share should be Yes: Cache. Looks like that share doesn't have any contents currently. One other change I would recommend but not until you get some space on cache.

Looks like appdata is taking most of cache. Any idea why it is so large?

I currently have 16 dockers, including Plex which is notorious for taking up a lot of space in appdata with a lot of small files. But even with all that my appdata is less than 16GB.

Are you perhaps downloading into appdata with one or more of your dockers? Which dockers do you use?

Hi, 

The problems was the unifi folder. 

After deleting it i have now 216 GB free at the cache dir. 

The unifi controller stopped working after a error within unifi. 

I think it did get corrupted and made big mess out of the DB.

Thank for the help !

You might set domains share to Prefer. Certainly doesn't make any sense for it to be Only since it doesn't have any files on cache currently. To get it moved to cache you would have to set it to Prefer and disable VM Manager in Settings since mover can't move open files.

Up to your usage whether domains belongs on cache or not. Some people seem to need large vdisks for their VMs so maybe it is OK on the array though you will get better performance with it on cache.