brand new USB blacklisted?

6 minutes ago, ChristianMingle said:

I followed the steps on how to switch flash drives (my old one kept corrupting the syslinux folder because it was so old) and used a brand new flash drive, but it says its blacklisted? how do i get it unblacklisted? do i need to buy another new flashdrive?

You can't unblacklist a drive, so you will need a different model of flash drive. Typically the reason a new drive is blacklisted is because the manufacturer decided it was too much work to assign a unique GUID to each drive, instead they just use one ID for all of them.

5 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

You can't unblacklist a drive, so you will need a different model of flash drive. Typically the reason a new drive is blacklisted is because the manufacturer decided it was too much work to assign a unique GUID to each drive, instead they just use one ID for all of them.

so im assuming thats what this is: ABCD-1234-0000-000000000000 ... just a generic GUID :( i got a 5 pack of them and now i gotta buy a different one rip looks like im gonna have hella flash drives lying around now lmao